Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Children are Loved!

I once read something from a professional photographer I admire, Kristen Duke, who stressed the importance of helping children feel love in their home by seeing photos of them with their parents - the people they love most. Even to have a photo of them and a parent in their bedroom. Children who see these visual reminders feel more love and have better quality of life overall. I really liked this idea. But when Marlie told me one night recently that she needed a picture of me in her room so she "wouldn't be worried about me" or wouldn't be scared, I felt an even more urgent need to do so. We finally had some sunlight today and got these puppies taken. I plan to have one for each printed on canvas or at least printed decently and framed in each of the girls' rooms.




 Isn't she cute!?! I love her little grin!
Which ones are your favorites?

4 comments:

  1. You look so good in those photos! That is such a good idea. I should do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! You look so good Candie! The pictures of your girls are adorable! I love her grin too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair and Marlie's hair is getting SO long. I love the first ones of you with both of the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea!!! I think I'm going to copy!!
    I love that first one with you and Marley!! She is such a big girl now! And Aubrie is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete