Whole Wheat Stew
2 c whole wheat2 cans stewed tomatoes (Italian works fine)
1 bell pepper
dried onion or fresh onion to taste
garlic pwd or fresh garlic to taste
chili pwd to taste
salt & pepper
1/2 lb hamburger or sausage (cooked)
6 to 8 c water
Put in slow cooker and start early in the morning or the night before for an early dinner. Add more water as it cooks if you like it more like a soup. We like it thick and chunky! Chris actually liked this, folks! We all did. The wheat turns into something that is almost a cross between rice and pasta. I cooked the sausage and put it together the night before and by 5:30 the following night, the sausage was almost burned tasting (but edible!). I might recommend adding the sausage or hamburger later.
*I halved this recipe for our little family of 3 and had a whole bowl left for lunch the next day!
You could also add beans and corn and make this a yummy chili and serve with corn bread! I may try that next!
It looks yummo! Is Marlie going stir crazy? Ben sure is!
ReplyDelete