Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Where Did 2010 Go?

I was a total slacker through the end of December. We had family come to town to visit for Christmas. Although I LOVE to have family and friends come visit us and even stay in our home for a while, I admit that I do stress quite a bit about having an immaculate home before they get there. Don't ask me why... I know no one cares, but I do! (You know how it is!) So, that is my "Lack of Christmas Blogging" excuse. Since it's already January, it seems a little late to post all of our Christmas events - but I'm thinking about doing it anyway! Maybe just a quick over view.

We had a nice Christmas at our house Christmas morning! Marlie got a new "toddler conversion kit" for her bed and lots of dress up clothes (fun, fun, fun!) Chris was floored that Marlie instantly knew how to walk in her dress-up high heals! Chris grandparents came to town late that afternoon. They stayed with us for a week. A day or two before they left, Marlie and I left to go to Colorado to see my brother Mike and the rest of my family. We got to see my brother Ben and his wife Effie for a few days too. Mike is leaving next month to serve a mission in Pittsburgh! We will miss him (at least a little bit). But it was really nice to have everyone (except Chris) there to go to the temple together. We stayed in CO for 10 days and headed home. Marlie did relatively well on the plane. DIA wasn't as bad as it could have been. THANK YOU to my parents and Chris for walking through the airports with me. I literally couldn't have done it without you!!! A large suitcase, car seat, 3 carry ons and a crazy 2 year-old spells d.i.s.a.s.t.e.r in an airport! But I had 4 extra hands up until security so we made it! I'd also like to thank the person who invented the "child leash". Some think it inhumane... they never had a 2 year old! We've enjoyed some snow, both in CO and here in. I had a nice little "sleigh ride" as my car slide off an icy road onto a side road. That was a fun night! (My car and I survived just fine - which is more than the 20 or 30 stranded people we passed could say.) Marlie LOVES the snow! I am quite anxious for spring or at least some sunshine. She has got cabin fever real bad and has been quite the crabby little monster lately!


Here is the last month in pictures:

This lovely seat belt kept Marls occupied for 2/3's of our hour and a half plane ride to Denver. Didn't work so well on the way back, but we had a laptop with movies for that (Whew!)

Isn't Colorado gorgeous?! I miss those mountain sun sets!


I was so thrilled that Marlie's snow suit from last year still fits her (it's a size 12 month!!!) You can tell it was a little big last year and almost snug this year. (Jan 2011 top picture, Dec 2009 below)

Her first snow angel! My dad worked so hard to teach Marlie how to make a snow angel while we were there. She practiced on the carpet inside, but just wouldn't do it outside. But she's got it now.

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year! We are still getting back into real life, but I think it's gonna be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment