Thursday, June 20, 2013

The big 3-0.

I am 30 years old today. Good bye youth. Hello adulthood.

I haven't been dreading turning 30. It's just another number. But good grief - it's true what they say that your body just goes downhill when you turn 30. I started to notice a few months ago the wrinkle under my eyes and other such signs of aging. How does your body know when your birthday is? This week I noticed my metabolism is completely different. I'm not as hungry as before, I stay full longer, I have horrible acid reflux, I can't eat the junk I used to and not feel cruddy.  And to top it all off, my vision has changed and now I get headaches when I sew, work on the computer and watch TV. It's worse than I thought! Talk about motivation to get up early and work out every morning.

But I'm happy with the number 30. I'm happy with my life so far! I have wonderful parents who taught me well. I'm married to my best friend who keeps me laughing everyday. I have two beautiful girls - my dreams come true! I am in love with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's SUMMER TIME and the sun is shining. I have so many blessings! 30 isn't so bad. It is just a number. I couldn't expect this body of mine to last forever in perfect condition (ha! Like I'm in perfect condition!). I'm so lucky to be me! Happy Birthday self.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Candie! I miss you and your family! I hope you have a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete