Saturday, May 25, 2013

Late Night Spa

Dear Briea.

It's 2:30 in the morning. You just got the best scrub down you've ever had in your 6 1/2 years! I hope you enjoyed your hot water treatment. The garage floor enjoyed it I'm sure. Dad & I are thinking about going to bed soon... after we finish deodorizing the house.

Briea, please do not make friends with small, black, unknown animals. Especially striped ones. They are called skunks and they don't play nice with others. Or their neighborhoods for that matter. Thank you for teaching me so much about this skunk animal that I didn't know before. Like if you smell a fresh spray, run away quickly and close all doors & windows immediately. The smell goes far and wide and will fill your home with a lovely aroma of burning rubber - worse than any road kill you've ever driven by.

For any of Briea's friends who have ever thought about dancing with skunks, please try this "spa treatment":

1 qt bottle of peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tsp of Dawn dish soap
(because I recently used all my peroxide to make stain remover, our solution had about 3/4 c Dawn!!!)

Please wash your dog immediately. Even if it's 1 am. Why was my dog outside at 1 am? (Bad TV watching habits) Skunk spray is an oil. Get it off quick! Wash the affected area several times before washing the rest of the dog so the oil doesn't spread. Use the above recipe... again, and again... and again for good measure. A follow up Listerine cologne is highly recommend!

To deodorize your house... I'm still working on that. I left the back door open too long trying to figure out if Briea had gotten sprayed and now my eyes are burning! That could also be from the boiling vinegar that I'm trying to use too.... hmmm.

I'd like to thank first and foremost: DogBreedInfo.com for a quick find at the top of the Google search. And thank you Briea. (I hope I don't regret letting you sleep in the house tonight). Now, I'm nauseas & exhausted. I'm going to bed.

 
For more stinky stories about Briea, please see the Poop Dog stories from 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment