As most good parents do, we attempt to keep our home a safe place for our children to live. There are plug covers on
Saturday she seemed a little sore, but ok. Almost forgot about it.
Sunday morning she is acting out in Primary at Church. She keeps telling me her tummy hurt, she's exhausted, and quite cranky. We got home and I just kind of wrote it off. But she didn't eat lunch and immediately feel asleep on the couch. By that night she clearly wasn't herself and kept saying her tummy hurt. Then the fever started... so I'm starting to worry. She finally points out that it's not her "tummy" but more her diaphragm and ribs. Worry turns to Web MD and the Nurse Advice line and possibly Urgent Care. Chris and his friend gave her a priesthood blessing and we all felt a little more calm and rational. We concluded that she probably doesn't have any broken ribs or internal injuries since it had been more than 24 hours before the real pain started.
So Monday morning I call the chiropractor to hash things out with him and he agrees that an adjustment would be safe and very beneficial. It turns out that her neck was very much out of place like a whip lash patient. She also had a couple ribs out of place. But she still had a good fever and her eyes were real red and puffy. Still no appetite and still exhausted and cranky. Turns out, she hurt her neck so bad that her immune system wasn't quite normal and she is having a major allergy attack even though she's been on allergy medication everyday. Poor little girl. I feel so bad for her.
And just to add insult to injury (literally) she had been extremely clumsy that past few days. She bonks her head on the kitchen counter, hits her heal on the corner or the wall, trips on the way into the grocery store and skins her knee and elbow... (I apologize for those who were grocery shopping the same time I was today and had to listen to both of my children crying throughout the store).
But at the end of the day on Tuesday... things look like they are calming down and slowly getting back to normal. Whatever that is. Maybe everyone will sleep through the night tonight and we can all get a good nights' sleep. Ha. But it's a nice thought. *This just in: Add double ear infection to the list of injuries. Definitely not a good nights sleep. Sad day, poor girl. That would explain the fever...
Did I mention that poor Aubrie is getting her first molar at the same time. And she gets shafted. No wonder I have tension headaches everyday. These days will be gone all too soon. I guess I'll try to live in the moment and enjoy stumbling through the house in the dark at 4am.

That was the best story ever. I laughed and felt bad for you all at the same time. I hope you are having a wonderful day.
ReplyDelete