The theme: Fruit with a Rainbow Twist
(as if it wasn't too obvious)
Lots of yummy snacks... watermelon, rainbow jello, and rainbow Twizzlers! Marlie's got the right idea, food in each hand!
This is my good friend Brittany (Ben's mommy!) modeling the rainbow jello. In the dish the jello more or less looked black, but it was pretty in the light!
I have never made a pinata before now. Turns out it's more time consuming than hard. I think this strawberry turned out pretty good considering it was my first attempt. I didn't like the idea of giving a bunch of 3 year olds a bat to swing around so I used an idea Brittany found to pull it open with strings. Every kid got to hold their own string (and they actually waited until I counted to 3 to pull). Worked beautifully and they didn't have to destroy my hard work! Marlie wasn't quite sure what to do with all the treats on the ground. That's why she's just standing there! "Hurry Marlie! Get the treats!"
Present time! Call her sheltered, but I'm not positive Marlie knew that she would be getting presents for her birthday. We didn't talk much about it before the party. She was thrilled for present time! Not to mention spoiled! Lucky, lucky girl!
CAKE! I was excited about this cake. I feel like she got jipped last year (but she was the one who wanted rice crispy treats!). So, she got a huge Rainbow Cake! She was pretty excited too. The day before the party, before I frosted the cake, she saw it on the counter and gave it a big hug (no worries, it was wrapped well).
Not the prettiest frosting job ever, but the inside made up for it. We've got lots of left over cake and cupcakes... come on over if you want some!!!










Fun!!! Happy Birthday Marlie! I made Craig a bazillion cupcakes with leftover frosting from Odell's birthday a few weeks ago, he must be getting old because he had to take most of them to work to get rid of them because he couldn't eat them all. :-) Cute idea, I love the rainbow cake. It's so visually appealing I can almost taste it! :-)
ReplyDelete