Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful Tree

For Family Night last night we talked about some of the many blessings Heavenly Father has given us. (And they are many!) We made a Thankful Tree. We plan to put up more leaves daily as we approach Thanksgiving.


In case you are interested in making your own Thankful Tree, I used a Cricut to cut a 12" tree and 2 different leaves and acorns. I stuck it all onto an art canvas and just used scotch tape to tape the leaves on as we went. Everyone wrote and taped their own leaves so we would remember who's was who's. I may decide to paint the background of the canvas... we'll see. Maybe we'll frame it and make a new one every year... the possibilities are many!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
You know you are addicted to crafting if you fold your laundry in between cricut cuts! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I would frame it and do another one, but I don't have enough wall space-so maybe photos in an album? Anyways- i love the last little note about being addicted to crafting, because I am the same way!

    ReplyDelete